Thursday, April 23, 2009
The Berries are Sprouting!
I bought strawberry seeds at http://www.rareseeds.com along with all my other garden stuff. I learned AFTER planting them about an inch deep that you are only supposed to plant a seed about four times it's height in depth, so I should have just sprinkled them over the top and patted them in. Almost three weeks after planting, they broke through the soil this morning. I figured they had rotted because they were planted too deeply, but I guess not! YIPEEE!!! I'm gonna have strawberries! Of course, in the meantime, I read in the square foot gardening book that you aren't supposed to grow them from seed because it takes three years for them to produce fruit. I don't particularly mind that, I just wish I'd known in advance. :) Oh well. I'm gonna have a berry patch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment