Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sugarpie Honeybun


This is our first professional portrait. We will celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary in a little over a month. When we were married, our pictures were taken by the pastor's wife with a 35 mm camera with intentions that we would have a few blown up. We have still never progressed from the proof book sized album we started with.
When we'd been married about three or four years, Wayne told me to get dressed up for a surprise date. His surprise was to take me to this photographer's studio that was upstairs from the most expensive salon in town, and her packages started at around $300. I about came unglued! You must understand. My parents bought some Olan Mills portrait a year package when I was a baby, and my momma dressed me up and made me up and marched me in annually for the portrait that had to be SO perfect, and I have issues with having my picture made. When you add in that this surprise is going to cost me at least $300, it ceases to be a pleasant surprise. Needless to say, poor Wayne never tried to get me to have pictures made again.
Our church is putting together a directory, and that entails portraits, so we dutifully had our pictures made. It turned out to be quite therapeutic for both of us in different ways. I think our marriage is better for the experience. I am happy that we have a nice picture of us that we can hang on the wall and give our parents.

No comments: