Monday, January 25, 2010

Majesty!


On the way to church this morning, I was blessed to encounter an eagle. This is the third time in my life I've seen an eagle in a wild setting. It's awe inspiring to see this creation. Our Heavenly Father blesses us so abundantly! The beauty He surrounds us with is breathtaking. If we will only take the time to notice.

7 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Eagles are always so breath taking.We have been fortunate to see a few close to our house recently. A very rare occurance!

Moore Family said...

Where did you see this at?

Michelle said...

On M Highway (Baseline Rd. -runs east and west) Near the Miller Implement Sign. I think that's close to the intersection with O Highway, but that may be totally off. It's the section that's between 43 Hwy and 171 Hwy, if that's any help at all.

Michelle said...

A Joyful Chaos,
I am looking at your blog, and I love it! Thanks for dropping by. :-)

Moore Family said...

Wow, I expected you to say "colorado" or something like that. I've lived in MO my whole life and never seen a bald eagle. Very cool!

Michelle said...

I edited my entry to make a bit more sense. I think they migrate through here this time of year. We bought our home in September of '08 and saw one along the same stretch of road last winter. About five years ago, we also saw one sitting in the middle of an open field along Hwy 160. It was huge, and we could see nothing to explain why it was sitting there.

Jill said...

I saw one on the way down to Anderson on 71 highway. I was riding with Myriam (who is French) and it soared down and flew alongside her car for a few seconds and then it turned and flew right over us. I almost screamed I was so excited. Myriam thought it was neat, but being from France she wasn't exactly as fascinated by it as I was (she's not really a bird-lover like I am, either). Tears came to my eyes, it was such a beautiful sight.