Monday, March 1, 2010

The Plunge

I've known for a few years that I needed to Just Say No to sugar. I tried a couple of times, and was such an emotional wreck that I gave up. The scale has given me alarming data. The mirror, too. A couple of fellow bloggers announced that they were going sugar free, and I thought, "This is it. I must do it. Now." I discussed this with my darling husband, and he was totally on board.

*deep breath* We are doing this. Those of you who know me know that I will not put the chemistry experiment known as artificial sweeteners into my body, so this is the real thing! I will not use honey or sorghum, either, for at least the first month. After that, maybe... we'll see.

I will be consuming plenty of real food, including all the fruits and veggies I want.

4 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Way to go! If I can do it, anyone can do it. I've lost four pounds in two weeks and feel great. The feeling is hard to describe- a great mental state almost more than a physical one. Be strong! I'm excited for you!!

Michelle said...

Thank you! The encouragement means SO much. Especially the part about the mental state being great, because that's what I'm most worried about. I've been self medicating for depression with sugar for years. The time to stop is now! It's been tough, but not unbearable so far. Of course, no weight loss that I can see yet, but I'm expectant. :-)

Jill said...

Good luck! Sugar is the most addictive thing for me and giving it up totally would be a huge challenge. I wish you all the luck in the world! I know you can do anything you put your mind to. :)

Love ya!
Jilly

Laura said...

We did this at our house too. It was sooo hard at first but we started to use alternatives in moderation. We began to use honey as our main alternative with the occasional use of stevia and pure maple syrup.