Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home

I'm expecting a very special visitor to my blog soon. She's coming specifically to see pictures of our home, which I've failed to mail her. This is a duplicate of my very first post, and I'm hoping she'll stick around and see what else I've been up to. *wink*


Our new home! After spending over three years looking for, and going through the process of buying, a home- here it is!

This is the view standing on the west side of the house looking back east.

And this is the back side, looking south. I love the hand pump in the back patio. It connects to a huge cistern underneath the patio. I can't wait to get it repaired so we can use it for watering the garden and flower beds!

This is the barn, taken from the back patio. Soon it will be filled with a milk cow, chickens, and Wayne's small engine repair shop. (Don't Whine, Call Wayne!)


This was also taken from the back patio, facing northeast. It shows the root cellar and outhouse, two of my favorite features of our home, sweet home.

7 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Wow! Congratulations! You will love your cistern and I am so excited for you- you have a root cellar! That's something we wish we had. Happy moving and making your new home your home:-).

LivingOurWay said...

I enjoyed reading this because I haven't seen your very first post yet :) You have a beautiful house.

Michelle said...

LOL! Thy Hand, we're getting ready to celebrate our second anniversary in our (still feels) new home. We now have those chickens and a milk goat, along with her two companions. We grew a large garden which yeilded pitifully last year. This year we have a tiny garden that is strictly the volunteers from last year.

Living Our Way,
Thanks! I miss getting to read your blog. :-) I can't wait for school to start back just so I can go in early and read what my cyber friends are up to. It's amazing how attached I am to y'all. Thank you for the compliment of our beautiful house. We enjoy it tremendously! When Wayne first brought me to look at it to see if I was even interested, I was like, "Oh, Wayne, there's NO WAY we will ever be able to afford that!" but God had other plans and blessed us with it!

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Sorry, Michelle. I'm so confused. It says you posted June 30th, 2010- isn't that this year? Oh, dear. You're breaking my brain!:-)

Michelle said...

Poor ThyHand! :-) In the second sentence it said that it is a reprint from my very first post. Sorry to be so confusing! :-/

Michelle said...

*hitting forehead with palm* It's in the third sentence, not the second...

Kendra at New Life On A Homestead said...

I'm so envious!! I'd LOVE to have a root cellar. Very cool :)