
Perle assures me she is just as anxious and I am for her babies to be out of there! I have a hard time believing it, though. :) I knew I wanted to get belly pics, but I wanted them to be as big as possible. When things changed rapidly on Sunday I decided it might be now or never. She isn't officially due until March 9th. I sure thought it was going to begin any minute on Sunday! Her ligaments were almost completely gone. I could get my thumb and forefinger within about half an inch of touching where her ligaments are. (That's supposed to mean labor is imminent.) She's still looking pretty much the same today, three days later. She'll probably torture me and be over due!

Here are her teats. I found it odd because last year when I got her her entire udder was pretty dark grey. This year it's quite pink. Maybe this means her capacity is growing and things are stretching out! Her mother's udder size really exploded at her fourth freshening. I'm hoping for that with Perle. (This is her third.) Last year she provided plenty of milk for us to drink and cook with, but no surplus for cheese making, which I REALLY want to get into!

And finally, her WIDE LOAD belly! I feel confident that she is carrying twins. I was sure hoping for quads (she showed a lot early in her pregnancy), but I reckon you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. There is really no predicting what they will have, either. I've known people who were just sure their doe was having multiples and there was one large kid, and other times they didn't hope for many and there were lots of babies! You just never know.

This picture shows her nice udder and how other things are looking quite ready. She wouldn't let me get a closer shot. Each time I tried she would tuck her tail! She's a shy girl...

...but not with her own kind!
5 comments:
Thanks for your comment on my blog! I enjoy yours as well, looks like we are both in Southwest, MO, how cool is that?!?! :)
Marie,
You are more than welcome! I'm enjoying your blog tremendously. :-) I'd be interested to know how far apart we live, but maybe through e-mail instead of the public comments.
Ah, so cute! Our mini-lamanchas are rounding out quite nicely, too. We just love babies on the farm.
March 9th? Wow, it must be any day now! Or do you have kids and just haven't had time to blog about it yet!
She had them last night. I will be posting about it later today. :D
Post a Comment