Monday, September 26, 2011

Hot Toddy


I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck. It started with a headache that nothing would touch on Saturday. Now I have all the symptoms of a full blown URI. My wonderful husband hauled the tv, vcr, and DVD player into the bedroom, and I'm piled up in bed watching "You've Got Mail." I'm plotting to use my neti pot laced with colloidial silver when I finish sipping this soothing drink. I did a web search to get the proportions right, and I'm not measuring, so these are estimates. I'm using a four ounce juice glass. Put in two ounces of boiling water. Add a heaping tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of lemon juice. 1/4 teaspoon of powdered ginger, and an ounce of whiskey. Stir thoroughly to get the ginger mixed well and the honey dissolved. Take your time sipping. It makes me feel better than any cold formula drug, let me tell ya!

P. S. I just dropped and shattered my neti pot! *sob*

8 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. My son is home today sick. I am having him take a bath in lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint oils. He's says he's going to smell like a girl..I say he'll feel much better in the morning!
And Sorry about you netti pot! I hate when stuff like that happens. Take care and get well soon!

Michelle said...

Silly boy! Eucalyptus and peppermint will definitely override any girliness from the lavender. I've been doing the same bath/steam inhalations but with rosemary instead of peppermint. I was already chilling, and peppermint makes me feel cold. Thanks for the condolences on the neti pot. I felt so helpless without it! I was going to order a stainless steel one, but I could only find ones with rubber gaskets, which I was not cool with at all, so back to ceramic I went.

I went to work today, but left at one because I was so miserable. Stopped and bought a new neti pot on the way home...

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Osha. Hope you have a speedy recovey.

Michelle said...

Anonymous, I have definitely not forgotten the Osha. :-) It's a permanent resident in my arsenal.

Kateri said...

I hope you feel better. Your drink sounds delightful though and I love You Got Mail. Sorry about the pot. :(

Michelle said...

Thanks, Kateri, I'm definitely much, much better. Not completely well, but well on the way to it. Thanks for stopping by!

Kateri said...

Michelle, hope you are feeling much better now! Thanks for stopping by my blog with an encouraging comment.

And to answer your question about the the sandhill cranes-- I checked a range map--it looks like sandhill cranes migrate through missouri, but don't nest there. Wonder if the birds you saw were just resting for a long period?

Michelle said...

Yes, Kateri, my illness is completely over now. :-D You're most welcome! I don't know about the birds. It would be very interesting if it was just two birds resting for a really long time. :-P