The blog has been quiet, but our life here on the homestead has been busier than ever. Throughout the autumn and early winter months Wayne and I have been completing the classes and home study process that is required to adopt though our state. We are now licensed care providers through the state, but we do not yet have a placement. We are praying for a sibling group of four children, three and under. The process has included many long, late evenings, nights, and some Saturdays in classes along with home study visits as well as changes to our home to comply with the standards required for children in state care. We are eager for the children God has in store for our family!
I've known for quite some time that I wanted my nursery's theme to be "The Robin's Nest" with a blue, cream, and brown color scheme. I knew that I wanted this to be decorated with trees and birds. Throughout autumn an idea started growing in my mind about grafting trees, and how if done properly a graft is not obvious to the untrained eye once the it has had time to grow. It is my prayer that God will perform this kind of miracle in our family, that eventually we will be a seamless unit with many beautiful branches.
I love that in God's Holy Word He gives us many beautiful pictures of adoption, especially in relation to our salvation. Some of my favorites include:
* Ephesians 1:5
So He decided long ago to adopt us as His children. He did it because of what Jesus Christ has done. It pleased God to do it. (NIrV)
* Romans 8:23
And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. (NASB)
* These quotes were taken from Bible Gateway.
7 comments:
Need an update, friend!
LOL! This *is* the update! :-D I could ramble on for hours. Do you have specific questions?
I need PICS! You can't throw out nursery plans without planning pics! LOL
Hmmm! I have a Pinterest board. I wonder if I can link to it here...
I can't get the web address to the individual board, but I have an adoption board and a baby one with nursery ideas, plus a kids one for older children's room ideas.
http://www.pinterest.com/mhoward1999/boards/
You've posted! And what exciting developments, so pleased for you. I think of Paul and Timothy when it comes to adoption. Paul was not Timothy's biological father, but he was his spiritual father. No stronger bond than that.
Thank you for your kind words, Leigh. We are every excited about the prospects, but also feel some apprehension. It will be a huge change! We can't wait to see what God has in store for our little family. :-)
Post a Comment