Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Phasing In

Time has been flying at an exponential rate around here. Due to the frenetic work we put in preparing for our potential placement I developed a severe upper respiratory infection that has required antibiotics- something I almost never do. My motto is that I don't go to the doctor unless I think I might die, so if I do, you know it is bad! However, all that work was worth it! Our nursery is set up, though still in progress, and we have our first placement. We are prohibited from posting pictures or identifying details, but I can assure you that she is the most beautiful 18 month old baby girl on the planet! :-) We will also be getting her newborn sibling, due in about a month, so we are preparing another nursery, as well!!!

Right now we are phasing in to having our precious girl full time. She is in a kinship placement, and so safe. DFS felt it would be less traumatic to make the transition gradually, so we are doing this back and forth dance for a while.

I've tried in three different sessions to upload the pictures for this post, and they simply won't load! You're gonna just have to use your imagination. I selected My Baby Sam's Paisley Lime Splash for our crib bedding, and my friend painted a gorgeous life sized tree with green leaves and birds and a nest all in silhouette. Our furniture is an eclectic mix, but I try to choose pieces that are as close to their natural color as possible.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Michelle, what exciting news! Not the respiratory infection of course, but everything else. I'm so very happy for you.