Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Beautiful 'Boocha!

I started making kombucha a couple years ago. It's always just been okay, nothing to write home about. But this batch... this is the best EVER!!! Here it is still in the half gallon jar, waiting to be harvested:

And here is the brand new scoby all ready to begin life in a new batch. Isn't it beautiful?! I've never made one so pristine before. :D

And here is the new batch, ready to start brewing. I moved the scobies to a new gallon jar, and spiked it with plenty of fully ripe 'bucha to give it a jump start.

2 comments:

Susan McClain said...

Ok so I was thinking of you today and read your blog. I am really not sure what this stuff is but I really hope it tastes better than it looks! ;)

Michelle said...

Susan!!! I'm so happy you came by!

LOL! Kombucha is quite a shock for those uninitiated to the nourishing traditions movement. I LOVE it. http://synergydrinks.com/health.aspx is a website that will teach you all about it.