Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Kids

I can't believe the kids will be three weeks old tomorrow and I haven't posted any pictures of all of them together. Here are some pictures of them at one week of age: I love this one with Nigel and Sassy. I can just hear them talking, and Perle telling them, "This is good to eat." It's hard to believe they were all born at the same time! Sassy's trying to get her bluff in on Tonka. :-) -and Nigel leaping off the log. You'll never catch me! The mineral dish makes a nice double bed, apparently.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

So, so cute. I take it she's been able to produce enough milk for all three?

A Baker's Dozen Barnhouse News said...

What beautiful kids you have! I've enjoyed my visit this morning, and I thank you for visiting my blog yesterday and for leaving a comment:) I asked my husband and sons about how they take the pallets apart. They use a crow bar and hammer. They do sometimes break, and those are given to the younger ones to use for all their various projects. Jacob says that the less weathered they are the better they come apart. They take the best looking ones apart first and get them stacked and covered before working on the ones that do not look as good. Blessings!

Michelle said...

Leigh,
Yes, she's had plenty of milk for all three. I just weighed them this weekend, and Tonka weighs 21 lbs., Nigel is 12 lbs., and Sassy is 9 lbs. I'd love to find a home for Tonka so that Sassy and Nigel (and us humans! :D ) can get more benefit.

Lee Family,
Thank you! We are enjoying them immensely. Thank you for the information on the pallets. That sounds like the say way we've tried. Maybe ours have just been too weathered.