I know y'all are *so* excited to hear more about my chickens, but, believe it or not, a friend asked! These are the adorable little black and yellow fluff balls that were in the blue cage with the dogs gawking at them. They're all grown up and looking pretty fine. My Brahma hen is in the center. She is named Buttercup. I don't think she is laying yet. The white rooster is named Bud. He's one ornery old cuss. He keeps ALL the birds (and Wayne) in line!
This is my Black Australorp hen. I don't believe she is laying yet based on appearance. I have not yet checked her bones to see, though. We are getting around five eggs a day. I have another B.A. hen, named Sissy, who keeps to herself. She roosts in some secret hideaway, and we only see her early in the morning, before the other chickens are released.


3 comments:
I am so loving your beautiful chickens. *sigh* One day...
What beautiful chickens!
Thanks. Both of you... you're gonna make my head so big I'll not be able to get a hat on! :D
I think my favorites are the Silver Laced Wyandottes. They are attractive, industrious, and the best layers as well. We'll see if they make good mamas before I make my final decision, though, and that won't be until next spring.
Post a Comment