Thursday, October 10, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness

This post has been brewing for years. About a week ago someone put a status on Facebook that prompted me to write a mini essay. Another person posted some really great information that I thought needed to be shared. However, if I posted my thoughts as my status it would look like a rant. This is no rant. This is my well thought out and researched point of view. I respect that each of us has a right to our own opinions. My mother had breast cancer. Cancer, however, is not what killed her. She died of a drug overdose. The "medical professionals" gave her bushels of drugs that destroyed her liver and kidneys. The first step of her passing away was that her kidneys shut down and her liver wasn't functioning well. Both were the result of being overloaded with more drugs than those organs could metabolize. The AMA is a wicked, corrupt organization run by the pharmaceutical industry. The pharmaceutical industry is only motivated by making money. Big pharma has no intention of finding a cure. They want to string people along with their false hope and take them for every penny they have. I DO know that there are some physicians who have a sincere heart for helping people, and are doing their best to do so. They are rare, though. There are also some who went into the profession with good intentions, but have been brainwashed by the corruption that surrounds them. God has provided what we need for healing in nature via the plant kingdom and the earth (minerals). He has given us intelligence to know what is happening with our bodies, and if we invest the time and effort to study we can be healed of the vast majority of illness with what He has given us. I own an extensive library on nutritional and herbal healing, and there have been times that He has blessed me with nothing short of His supernatural understanding of what was needed; herbs that I truly didn't know much about, but came to mind and when I looked them up they were perfect for the ailment I needed to treat. I do believe there is a place for western medicine. Trauma is one example. Our doctors are really good at that. But for long term conditions- they stink.

I often feel judged because I do not participate in cancer awareness schemes. I think that my statement above is enough to explain my stance. I am certainly not going to give money to those who exist to make a profit at the expense of those whose suffering is unspeakable. Those who care and wish to be informed need to research. Some great places to start are listed below.

I will not be pinkwashed!

Abortions are linked to breast cancer.

Susan G. Komen supports Planned Parenthood 

8 comments:

JC Hackler said...

Thank you, Michelle, for a well thought out blog post. I totally agree. I used to do fundraisers for St. Jude, bc my son had been a patient.
Gradually, I began to realize cancer research mostly goes to fund the pharmaceutical companies. DUH!! Money I raised helped provide more poison for more people that needed healing and helped fund huge bonuses for those pharmaceutical executives.
My mom died from ovarian cancer a couple years ago. She had all her yearly checkups and at diagnosis was stage 4 terminal.
I cringed when the dr. asked what she wanted to do and she told him, 'whatever you think. I trust you.'
Of course, he suggested several rounds of chemo even though he told her it wouldn't do much good, only delay death by a couple months.
Thanks for your post. I too, hate the pinwashing!
THINK BEFORE YOU PINK!

Michelle said...

Thank you, JC. Unfortunately, our experience is far too common. It is my prayer that people will wake up and see what is happening. The barbaric practices occurring in the name of treatment need to stop!

Domestic Goddess said...

I agree with you too. I do not participate in the Pinkwashing either. You are right, God gave us all we need. I have been researching essential oils and herbal remedies.
Some examples of self healing... I am/was anemic, to the point of needing blood transfusions. The Dr. said it was caused by heavy menstruation and prescribed high doses of ibuprophin. I took the ibuprophin which helped the menstrual issue, but caused more anemia issues. I started to self heal by eating more iron rich foods, drinking nettle tea, and lots of ginger and cinnamon added to foods. Now I don't suffer from the anemia and I can actually leave the house during THAT time of the month!
I think if we spent more time and money getting rid of cancer causing agents, we would have less people with cancer...but that doesn't make money does it?

Michelle said...

Good for you for pursuing healing in another path outside the medical establishment. I too have been told to use high doses of ibuprofen for similar issues, and have done so due to the very high pain levels (was once offered street-value drugs by an MD, but refused them). I think it caused some liver damage which I am trying to address now. :-/

Leigh said...

Excellent post Michelle. I could not agree with you more. I hate that the goverment is now trying to push us into a sick care system that will ultimately kill us. I don't participate in the pink stuff either. (Great term, "pinkwashing")

* Crystal * said...

Wow Michelle...what a great post. Hits home too.... I am so sorry you lost your mother, and for the way she passed... After dealing with groups such as Cancer centers for America (or whatever the heck it is) during my mother's illness, I was just sickened by the whole lot of it.

I also steer clear of all that "pinkwashing"...

Leigh said...

I just dropped by to tell you that I've just published my homesteading book! Shameless self promotion, I know, but I'm so excited I just want to tell the whole world. If you have a chance, please drop my blog to help me celebrate!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! That's something worth celebrating, Leigh!